Thursday, December 29, 2016

Our reading goals 2017

If you read my last post, you know that my third daughter and I set a reading goal for each month of 2016. We are aspiring to do this again for 2017, but I am excited to share that all five of my oldest daughters appear to be on board to join in the challenge! (By the way, for those who do not know, I have going on nine daughters! But I can save information on my large family of girls for other posts.) This thrills me because that as an educator and mother, I long to see my daughters grow in the knowledge and personal growth that reading can bring them. Not only that, but since literature is a passion of mine, I long to grow in my relationship with each one of them. I say this because like many understand, sharing a hobby or passion with your children is a great way to connect. With so many children and so little time, it is important to me to have those things that draw us together and spark discussion between us. Several of my daughters are fans of comic books and superheros like my husband, which is one way they bond with their father. A few of my daughters are like me and are animal and nature lovers, so we have those things to share. We all enjoy movies and TV shows together and the discussions those spark. Now, I am excited that all my daughters old enough to read on their own, will be trying to read along with me!

No comments: